The Beacon Nonprofit Subgroup
The mission of the Beacon Nonprofit Subgroup is to:
· Provide an interactive forum for Beacon executives who are nonprofit board members, volunteers, employees or interested in transitioning into the charitable sector.
· Provide educational opportunities on hot topics, trends, and operational realities of the nonprofit world.
· Partner with other organizations who are developing executives for service in the nonprofit field for joint programming and other collaborations.
· Provide mentoring for Beacon members interested in becoming active in the nonprofit sector.
We will fulfill our mission by:
· Hosting educational forums on topics of interest to Beacon members
· Hosting occasional Beacon events
· Seeking out nonprofit service opportunities for Beacon members
1. Expand knowledge of requirements and opportunities in nonprofit;
2. Acquaint senior level executives about nonprofit's norms, culture, and expectations;
3. Network for nonprofit career and volunteer opportunities.