By RSVPing, you are pre-registering for the BNR #42 session.
A week before the session, the Host and BNR Chair will select 12 pre-registrants for the session and notify them of their selection.
Those members not selected will be placed on a “wait list” in the event that cancellations occur prior to the session.
Business Networking Roundtable #42
Hosted by Georgean Wardzinski and
September 16, 2020
8:30 am - 11:30 am
(Registrants will receive a Zoom link prior to the event)
Who Should Attend
12 Beacon members* who are strategic thinkers, entrepreneurially-minded, market focused, and can share “school of hard knocks” business planning and management experience.
(*The BNR is limited to those members engaged in consulting, coaching or solopreneurship.)
ASPIRA is a full-service business brokerage firm specializing in connecting small business buyers and sellers.
Our MISSION is to deliver “big business results for small business” by providing our Mainstreet clients the expertise and service normally reserved for the Fortune 500.
ASPIRA’s ‘Leadership to Ownership’ program is designed to match accomplished leaders from the professional world with small business prospects that best suit their skills sets and interests. ‘Leadership to Ownership’ is the ideal program for anyone looking to fully realize their potential by jumping off of the corporate ladder into entrepreneurship.
ASPIRA’ goals for this BNR are to:
1. Get feedback from the participants on the ‘Leadership to Ownership’ program.
2. Get advice and ideas as to how and where market as well as
out-of-box approaches to reach that defined market.
3. Earn the trust and respect of the participants so they feel confident in in making introductions to potential prospects for the ‘Leadership to Ownership’ program
How a BNR Works
A Business Networking Roundtable (BNR) event is a Member business-focused event designed to enable Members to share information about their business with other Members and for participants to learn about other Member businesses in a focused and moderated setting.
The Business Networking Roundtable events are for Members who are currently engaged in consulting, coaching or solopreneurship and who wish to support and do business with other BEACON Member businesses.
The purpose of the meeting is business networking and designed to be a better way to learn more in-depth knowledge about other Member’s businesses with whom participants may want to engage, collaborate and or recommend to their business network.
Instead of the usual 30 second “elevator pitch” participants will be given 3 minutes to answer the following questions which will help others understand their business and what it is that they are looking for:
1. What is your business?
2. What makes you different?
3. What’s your ‘value proposition’?
4. Who is the ‘ideal client’ for your offering?
5. What’s the profile of the person(s) who would be
a good referral for you?
Participants will also be able to participate in a 20-minute discussion of a business challenge or topic of the Host’s choosing. Best practices, suggestions, experiences will be shared.
Participants are principals, owners, partners or representatives of a BEACON Member business. There is no limit to the size of the Member’s business. While many BEACON Members are in transition and considering starting their own business, Business Networking Roundtable events may be attended ONLY by Members who have a recognized (registered) business entity.
· Pre-register for the specific Business Networking Roundtable event through the Beacon website.
· Within a week of the scheduled event, the Host will select from the list of pre-registrants those 12 Beacon members selected to participate in the BNR.
· Agree to the meeting guidelines and strictly adhere to them.
· Come to the meeting prepared to answer the 4 questions below for their Business.
· Act in good faith to support other Participants by providing assistance with contacts and or referrals as appropriate.
· Be members of the BNR Group that is maintained on the Causeway site.
· Be on time and stay through the end of the event.
· Follow the directions of the Facilitator and stay within the time allotted.
· Extend professional courtesy to others by refraining from using phones, working on computers (other than taking notes) or texting during the meeting.
· Every effort should be made to avoid distracting other Participants during the meeting.
· Act ethically and in good faith with information and content of discussions that may take place during the meeting. Agree not to share information disclosed with Participants competitors.
· Follow up on commitments made to others during the meeting.
Come join your fellow members in a one-of-a-kind Beacon experience.
Introductions 8:30 - 8:45 am
ASPIRA Presentation/ Q&A 8:45 - 9:45 am
Break 9:45 - 10:00 am
Attendee Presentations 10:00 - 11:00 am
Debrief 11:00 - 11:15 am
Open Networking (Optional) 11:15 - 11:30 am