Business Networking Roundtable #35
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
8:00 am – 11:00 am
840 1st Avenue
(Entrance in the rear of the building)
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Our Host, Michael Nolan, is hosting 12 Beacon members for a morning continental breakfast meeting at The Hallwayz.
Michael is President of Ascend Sales Advisors and Managing Director, Nimble Leader. He is a Sales and Business Development Leader, leveraging his experience in Fortune 500, entrepreneurial, and private equity backed holding companies. Michael builds strong sales foundations for revenue generation.
The Ascend Story
“Before one can grow, one must build the foundation.”
After a career of +20 years in corporate and private equity, focused on sales growth, brand marketing and general management, Michael realized his passion was to build high performing sales structures and teams. He launched Ascend Sales Advisors to share his vision; help companies gain confidence to realize their growth potential and achieve their goals.
Michael engages clients to focus on sales strategy, sales process and sales execution; building sales discipline; promoting team success. Michael works with underperforming companies characterized by no sales strategy, poor leadership alignment, ill-defined customer base, lacking effective sales metrics. Typically, he works directly with owners and business leaders to develop these disciplines to meet and exceed their goals.
As the buyer journey evolves, old ‘tried and true’ sales practices are no longer effective. Customers look to be informed and led through the journey, not sold. Sales Enablement is the guiding strategy for companies to build strategies, processes and execution. Michael works with companies to build their sales process, implement a CRM to analyze their progress, and create sales tools to allow sales teams to effectively engage and educate the client.
69% of small and mid-sized business rate themselves as poor in managing sales; particularly, they struggle with:
- Sales Strategy (87%),
- Sales Methodology (90%),
- Sales Analysis (88%) and
- Sales Organization (87%).
Significant opportunity exists to help companies reach their full potential. Ascend Sales Advisors is positioned to address this need.
Michael would like you (attendee) to address three (3) areas:
- What is the most critical area of revenue generation challenging business in the Greater Philadelphia area?
- What are key points to stress when reaching out to new/prospective clients? What are their primary concerns that I can address?
- What are some of the effects of Sales and Marketing convergence and Sales Enablement you see happening in the marketplace?
How a BNR Works?
A Business Networking Roundtable (BNR) event is a Member business-focused event designed to enable Members to share information about their business with other Members and for participants to learn about other Member businesses in a focused and moderated setting.
The Business Networking Roundtable events are for Members who are currently in a business and who wish to do business with other BEACON Member businesses.
The purpose of this meeting is business networking and designed to be a better way to learn more in-depth knowledge about other Member’s businesses with whom participants may want to engage, collaborate and/or recommend to their business network.
Instead of the usual 30 second “elevator pitch”, participants will be given 3 minutes to answer the following questions which will help others understand their business and what is it that they are looking for:
- What is your business?
- What makes you different?
- What’s your “value proposition”?
- Who is the “ideal client” for your offering?
- What’s the profile of the person(s) who would be a good referral for you?
Participants will also be able to participate in a 20-minute discussion of a business challenge, or topic of the Host’s choosing. Best practices, suggestions, experiences will be shared.
Participants will be principals, owners, partners or representatives of a BEACON Member business. There is no limit to the size of the Member business. While many BEACON Members are in transition and considering starting their own business, Business Networking Roundtable events may be attended ONLY by Members who have a recognized (registered) business entity. Participants will:
- Pre-register for a specific Business Networking Roundtable event through the Beacon website.
- Agree to the meeting guidelines and strictly adhere to them.
- Come to the meeting, prepared to answer the 4 questions below for their Business.
- Act in good faith to support other Participants by helping with contacts and/or referrals as appropriate.
- Be members of the “BNR Group,” that is maintained on the Causeway site.
Be on time and stay through the end.
- Follow the directions of the Facilitator and stay within the time allotted.
- Extend professional courtesy to others by refraining from using phones, working on computers (other than taking notes) or texting during the meeting.
- Every effort should be made to avoid distracting other Participants during the meeting.
- Act ethically and in good faith with information and content of discussions that may take place during the meeting. Agree not to share information disclosed with Participants competitors.
- Follow up on commitments made to others during the meeting
Come join your fellow members in a one-of-a-kind Beacon experience.