Business Networking Roundtable #34
Tuesday August 13, 2019
7:30 – 10:30 AM
840 1st Avenue
(Entrance in the rear of the building)
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Bruce Rubin is hosting 12 Beacon members for a morning continental breakfast meeting at The Hallwayz in King of Prussia
Bruce founded BHR Global Associates, Inc.
Reason for Being: 1) Work with Entrepreneurs and Companies to develop new products, 2) Source same products at the “Right Cost” to achieve the “Correct Retail Value”.
Bruce will research the marketplace to ensure an Entrepreneur’s product is not already being sold. He also assists in making product enhancements to differentiate promising offerings from the existing competitive array.
The BHR Global Story
BHR Global is a one-stop authority bringing consumer retail products to market — successfully.
BHR consumer products manufacturing expertise include: Injection molding, metal working, electronics, cut and sew, rubber molding.
BHR retail connections include: On-air, online, catalog and brick-and-mortar.
BHR’s network of trusted manufacturing partners are global in scope: USA, Israel, Germany, Taiwan, Malaysia, China, etc.
BHR offers complete end-to-end supply chain expertise addressing: Production, storage, shipping, retail end user.
BHR financing relationships possess sufficient liquidity to fund production, including cash-flow neutral situations.
BRUCE RUBIN is experienced in product and packaging development, sourcing, purchasing, and inventory management. Bruce has worked for consumer products companies as well as with inventors and product developers.
Bruce is an expert – known for transformational product development, optimizing supply chain | distribution channels, and maximizing operational performance.
Bruce’s BNR Challenge:
I find my best referrals are the result of warm introductions from trusted network connections. I wish to extend my network; focus on how we help each other leverage the value we bring to our collective client base.
I also wish to identify ‘established’ companies in need of Supply Chain assistance; from sourcing to distribution . . . and every step in between.
Bruce would like you (the attendees) to address three (3) areas:
- Does the current BHR website adequately capture and communicate the above expertise; when addressing the needs of established companies? If not, why not?
- From your perspective, what is the best approach for achieving outreach and connection with established companies; given the above-defined profile of BHR expertise?
- What does an optimum business networking partnership look like to you?
How a BNR Works
A Business Networking Roundtable (BNR) event is a Member business-focused event designed to enable Members to share information about their business with other Members and for participants to learn about other Member businesses in a focused and moderated setting.
The Business Networking Roundtable events are for Members who are currently in a business and who wish to do business with other BEACON Member businesses.
The purpose of the meeting is business networking and designed to be a better way to learn more in-depth knowledge about other Member’s businesses with whom participants may want to engage, collaborate and or recommend to their business network.
Instead of the usual 30 second “elevator pitch” participants will be given 3 minutes to answer the following questions which will help others understand their business and what it is that they are looking for:
1. What is your business?
2. What makes you different?
3. What is your ‘value proposition’?
4. Who is your ideal client?
5. What is a good referral for you?
Participants will also be able to participate in a 20-minute discussion of a business challenge or topic of the Host’s choosing. Best practices, suggestions, experiences will be shared.
Participants will be principals, owners, partners or representatives of a BEACON Member business. There is no limit to the size of the Member business. While many BEACON Members are in transition and considering starting their own business, Business Networking Roundtable events may be attended ONLY by Members who have a recognized (registered) business entity. Participants will:
- Pre-register for the specific Business Networking Roundtable event through the Beacon website.
- Within a week of the scheduled event, the Host will select from the list of pre-registrants those 12 Beacon members selected to participate in the BNR.
- Agree to the meeting guidelines and strictly adhere to them.
- Come to the meeting prepared to answer the 4 questions below for their Business.
- Act in good faith to support other Participants by providing assistance with contacts and or referrals as appropriate.
- Be members of the BNR Group that is maintained on the Causeway site.
How Pre-Registration Works
All qualified Beacon members are eligible to pre-register. No payments are due at the time of pre-registration.
The Host will select the 12 BNR participants from the pre-registration list. Selections will be based on the Host’s own selection criteria. Most Hosts prefer Beacon members in the BNR session that can help them advance their business via marketing ideas, process improvements, employee-related practices, etc.
Those not selected are notified that they are on a “Wait List”. Should a selected registrant let us know of their inability to attend, the Host and facilitator select the next participant from the “Wait List”.
If you have questions, contact Beacon admin at email@example.com or 215-393-3144
Be on time and stay through the end.
- Follow the directions of the Facilitator and stay within the time allotted.
- Extend professional courtesy to others by refraining from using phones, working on computers (other than taking notes) or texting during the meeting.
- Every effort should be made to avoid distracting other Participants during the meeting.
- Act ethically and in good faith with information and content of discussions that may take place during the meeting. Agree not to share information disclosed with Participants competitors.
- Follow up on commitments made to others during the meeting.
Come join your fellow members in a one-of-a-kind Beacon experience.