Beacon Navigator Networking Skills Workshop
Take Talk Seriously:
Reap the Bottom-Line Benefits of Business Conversation
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Barbara Taylor, Beacon Navigator & Contacts Count Facilitator
In a Contacts Count’s survey of almost 1,000 professionals only 39% said, “I know the next step to take to make any relationship more useful.”
If you’re not part of that rare 39%, don’t panic. The skills can be learned. The next Navigator Networking Workshop is for those employed, entrepreneurs, consultants, job seekers and career changers. The program is also for new and old Beacon members who want to deepen relationships and make their membership pay off.
You’ll learn how to
· Be ready with engaging openers.
· Create energy by exploring similarities . . . and differences.
· Lighten up a bit – even in serious business conversations.
· Uncover hidden needs by taking clichés seriously.
· Pick up on cues that others miss.
· Keep conversations flowing.
· Ask questions that build trust and open up opportunities.
· Follow up, re-connect, and stay in touch.
Stop worrying about being too pushy . . . or too passive. The exercises in this upcoming networking workshop will help you find ways of being with others that feel natural and yield results. You’ll learn through written and paired exercises, short quizzes, demonstrations, brainstorms, and peer coaching.
Whether you worry that you weren’t born with the “gift of gab” or wonder if you talk too much, you’ll leave the workshop feeling more confident and connected.
BONUS: 8 ReachBack Strategies that make staying in touch natural and business-like.