Beacon Navigator Networking Skills Workshop
How to talk about your expertise so people will listen
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Most people won't be there when you have your shining moments.
So, it's through conversation - storytelling, to be exact - that people learn how to use your skills and send opportunity your way.
This interactive workshop is for people who are...
- In job search mode
- In sales
- Business developers
- Those interested in attracting more referrals
- Anyone who is ready to have more purposeful and strategic conversations in business and social settings
Stories are best way to educate your "public" about you. You'll never again be standing there, wondering what to say! Learn an easy-to-use 5-part formula telling a brief story...one that doesn't brag, but that does make you memorable and does show your character and competence.
In the workshop, you'll try out your stories with others as you:
- Notice successes that highlight your skills and expertise (most people are running so fast they don't stop to notice!)
- Write a success story in 5 parts (Segue, Situation, SNAFU, Solution, Significance)
- Practice telling your story using techniques that make people want to listen
- Get more strategic about how, when, and where to tell your stories
Stories stick! They're the best way to make your expertise known. Learn to talk about past successes - comfortably and with the purpose of making your value visible. Isn't it time you came up with some stories that teach people what to come to you for, what you're good at, what to count on you for?
Your facilitator will be Barbara Taylor, certified Contacts Count networking trainer and long-time Beacon member.
Guests: $95, Guests are most welcome!
A light dinner and beverages will be served.