BUSINESS NETWORKING ROUNDTABLE #24
Laura Kellers Queen, EdD
Founder and Managing Partner
Colloquia Partners, LLC
Wednesday, January 24th, 2018
9 AM - 12:00 PM
Maggiano's Little Italy/Corner Bakery
205 Mall Blvd | King of Prussia, PA 19406
The Nordico Room
Breakfast to include:
Eggs, Bacon, French Toast,
Potatoes, Muffins, Fruit, Yogurt, and Croissants
Coffee and assorted Juices
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Participants will be principals, owners, partners or representatives of a BEACON Member business. There is no limit to the size of the Member business. While many BEACON Members are in job transition, Business Networking Roundtable events may be attended ONLY by Members who either have a recognized (registered) business entity or work for one.
As a participant, you will share “the story of your business” – strategy, target clients, business development techniques, etc.
You get the opportunity to develop 12 new “Brand Ambassadors” - each with a clear understanding of the value proposition of your business.
As the Host, Laura Queen and her partner, Jason, will share the challenges they are facing - connecting with their target audience(s)
We are a team of performance consultants. Our passion is working with individuals, teams, and businesses during periods of significant transition.
Our people-centric process first identifies an organization’s strengths and capabilities, challenges and opportunities. These then can be leveraged to improve organizational performance and productivity, align talent and operating plans with immediate, mid- and long-term vision and business strategy, and drive enterprise value.
Our target clients are owners and principals of small and mid-sized businesses ($5 mil to $500 mil in annual revenues) engaged in or anticipating a significant transition - such as; leadership changes, exits, recapitalization, sale, merger or acquisition, workforce reductions and similar changes. In addition, we welcome those who desire assistance in development and transformation as a leader through executive coaching.
Our message resonates with others. When we have the opportunity to connect face-to-face with our intended clientele, we are relatively successful at driving business.
Our personal and professional networks have been incredibly generous, often sharing information, providing referrals and connecting us with organizations who may be helpful. Despite sponsoring events such as ACG’s M&A East Conference, IMPACT, having a strong social media campaign, and a robust website, our target audience eludes us.
- Where does this audience spend its time? What networking groups, conferences, seminars, leadership development activities?
- Who does this audience go to first for advice and counsel when contemplating a transition event? And, at what stage in the event planning horizon?
- What are the most effective avenues for connecting to and sharing our message with our target audience(s)? Magazine articles, email newsletters, blog posts, social media feeds, podcasts? What are the trusted sources of information?
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPANTS
A Business Networking Roundtable (BNR) event is a Member business-focused event designed to enable Members to share information about their business with other Members and for participants to learn about other Member businesses in a focused and moderated setting. The Business Networking Roundtable events are for Members who are in business and who wish to do business with other BEACON Member businesses.
The purpose of the meeting is business networking and designed to be a better way to learn more in-depth knowledge about other Member’s businesses with whom participants may want to engage, collaborate and or recommend to their business network.
Instead of the usual 30 second “elevator pitch” participants will be given 3 minutes to answer the following questions which will help others understand their business and what it is that they are looking for:
- What is your business?
- What makes you different?
- Who is your ideal client?
- What is a good referral for you?
Participants will also be able to participate in a 20-minute discussion of a business challenge or topic of the Host’s choosing. Best practices, suggestions, experiences will be shared.
Participants will be principals, owners, partners or representatives of a BEACON Member business. There is no limit to the size of the Member business. While many BEACON Members are in transition and considering starting their own business, Business Networking Roundtable events may be attended ONLY by Members who have a recognized (registered) business entity. Participants will:
- Register for a specific Business Networking Roundtable event through the Beacon website.
- Agree to the meeting guidelines and strictly adhere to them.
- Come to the meeting prepared to answer the 4 questions below for their Business.
- Act in good faith to support other Participants by providing assistance with contacts and or referrals as appropriate.
- Be members of the BNR Group that is maintained on the Causeway site.
- Be on time and stay through the end.
- Follow the directions of the Facilitator and stay within the time allotted.
- Extend professional courtesy to others by refraining from using phones, working on computers (other than taking notes) or texting during the meeting.
- Every effort should be made to avoid distracting other Participants during the meeting.
- Act ethically and in good faith with information and content of discussions that may take place during the meeting. Agree not to share information disclosed with Participants competitors.
- Follow up on commitments made to others during the meeting.