Beacon Recognition Awards
Contribute to Vision & Mission
Beacon will annually recognize members who contribute to the vision, mission, and values of our organization. We look forward to the nomination and selection of members who qualify for the awards listed below.
To nominate someone for one of the awards, click on the name of the award and complete the nomination form - then hit "submit."
Purpose – Recognition of a highly-respected Beacon member who exemplifies Beacon’s values and culture of giving. The recipient will be recognized as a member who has had significant impact on the organization and its members.
- Member’s actions exemplify Beacon’s values and culture of giving, as described in our Statement of Values and Code of Conduct.
- Member has been in Beacon for five (5) years or more.
- At some point in his/her membership, the member must have been involved as an active Board member, or MAC member, and/or have been involved in a Beacon task force, committee, strategic initiative, etc.
- The member has nominations from three (3) members – providing specific stories’ of giving, making a positive impact on the Beacon organization and/or its members. Note: Campaigns for self-promotion or for another member are discouraged, as the quality, not the volume, of nominations will be considered in selection.
- The member has supported promotion of Beacon including the recruiting of new members or partner organizations.
Purpose – Beacon’s purpose is to showcase an outstanding new member(s) who contributed immediately and has the best interests of Beacon at heart.
- Member’s actions exemplify Beacon’s values and culture of giving, as described in our Guiding Principles and Code of Conduct
- Member for at least one (1) year, but not more than two (2).
- Integrated into the organization quickly, and remains actively involved in one or more subgroups and/or committees.
- Offers productive ideas, shares them, and freely gives credit to others.
- Exemplifies the core values of Beacon through support to members as well as offering thought leadership in their area of expertise.
Purpose - To recognize the MAC member who rises above the rest. The MAC (Member Advocacy Council) is comprised of the chairs and vice-chairs of all subgroups and committees.
- Member’s actions exemplify Beacon’s values and culture of giving, as described in our Guiding Principles and Code of Conduct.
- MAC member for at least one (1) year.
- Has a history of sponsoring new members.
- Exemplifies a culture of succession planning by developing leaders within the ranks of Beacon.
- Has demonstrated outstanding leadership of a subgroup or committee including excellent communication and advocacy between the board and subgroup or committee members.
Details regarding specific processes for nominations will be communicated in June, when nominations are officially open. Excluding the Board of Directors and members of the Selection Committees, all Beacon members may nominate others for these awards. Each Nomination must be completed in its entirety and submitted properly within the timeframes allowed. Nominations will include:
- Nominator’s Name
- Nominator’s email and phone contact information.
- Name of nominee
- Reasons for nomination
- Compelling stories as to why this person, above all others, should receive this award.
- Nominations will be submitted via forms completed on the website.
Timing and Communication
· July 31 – Deadline for Nominations submissions.
· October – (date TBA) – Announce winners
· November 2– Present Awards at the Beacon15th Anniversary Event at the Museum of the American Revolution