B2B Business Roundtable Events
Guidelines for Participants
A Business Roundtable event is a Member business focused event designed to enable Members to share information about their business with other Members and for participants to learn about other Member businesses in a focused and moderated setting. The Business Roundtable events are for Members who are in business and who wish to do business with other GPSEG Member businesses.
The purpose of the meeting is business networking and designed to be a better way to learn more in-depth knowledge about other Member’s businesses with whom participants may want to engage, collaborate and or recommend to their business network.
Instead of the usual 30 second “elevator pitch” participants will be given 3 minutes to answer the following questions which will help others understand their business and what it is that they are looking for:
1. What is your business?
2. What makes you different?
3. Who is your ideal client?
4. What is a good referral for you?
Participants will also be able to participate in a 15 minute discussion of a business challenge or topic of the host’s choosing. Best practices, suggestions, experiences will be shared.
Participants will be principals, owners, partners or representatives of a GPSEG Member business. There is no limit to the size of the Member business. While many GPSEG Members are in transition and considering starting their own business, Business Roundtable events may be attended ONLY by Members who have a recognized (registered) business entity. Participants will:
- Register for a specific Business Roundtable event through the GPSEG website.
- Agree to the meeting guidelines and strictly adhere to them.
- Come to the meeting prepared to answer the 4 questions for their Business.
- Act in good faith to support other Participants by providing assistance with contacts and or referrals as appropriate.
- Be members of the B2B Group that is maintained on the Causeway site.
- Be on time and stay through the end.
- Follow the directions of the Facilitator and stay within the time allotted.
- Extend professional courtesy to others by refraining from using phones, working on computers (other than taking notes) or texting during the meeting.
- Every effort should be made to avoid distracting other Participants during the meeting.
- Act ethically and in good faith with information and content of discussions that may take place during the meeting. Agree not to share information disclosed with Participants competitors.
- Follow up on commitments made to others during the meeting.
General guidelines for those who attend the B2B Marketplace Meetings:
- Meetings will be posted under Events on GPSEG website and an email promoting the event will go out to GPSEG members as well. You will RSVP if you are interested in attending.
- Since attendance is capped at 12 for each meeting, only 12 will be selected from the RSVP list and invited to register/pay on line ($15).
- An email will be sent out by Maureen Waddington informing people if they have been selected and will provide a link to a web page where they can register and pay.
- A pre-prepared roster of attendees will be provided 24 to 48 hours prior to the event including names, contact information and general business description for each attending member. This will facilitate members seeking out those they want to be sure to meet at the event.
- Each attending member has an opportunity to make a very brief introduction to the group – who they are, their business offering, how we can help them, etc.
- Members in transition are permitted to attend and to introduce themselves but are not there to make a pitch for their job search. This keeps the focus on B2B opportunities.
- Following introductions, the remaining hour or so is for members to connect with other members that they want to get know better and to potentially pursue business opportunities with, share best practices with, etc.
- Tables will be available for members’ business literature to be displayed.
In the event that a registered Member is not selected to Participate in the event, they will be contacted by the Facilitator with an explanation as to why they were not selected for this event. The registration for that Member will be cancelled and the next person on the waiting list will be registered.
Any GPSEG member interested in hosting a B2B Roundtable should contact Fred Taffer firstname.lastname@example.org for information.