Panel Discussion-“Improving the Execution of Large IT Enabled Business Transformation Projects”
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin, this time more intelligently". – Henry Ford
Great insight – why is this so hard?
Over the last 10 years companies have struggled to improve the execution of large IT enabled business transformation projects – The improvement rate has been a meager 1% per year!
Best estimate – 70% of companies will conduct large information technology projects to automate their operations - back office, Supply Chain, IT Services, Shared Service centers. Sadly – only 40% of these efforts will be viewed as successful.
· Who is responsible – CIO, Program Manager, Operations Leader?
· What’s the solution - Smaller projects, better PM practices, better technology, better user requirements, change management??
· Why do we lead with automation and then make the organization adapt?
· Why are we reluctant to invest the time to understand and simplify the work first?
This month’s joint CIO Roundtable, Technology and Operations Executives meeting will explore these questions and more. Come join us for this exciting and interactive panel discussion featuring the speakers below and learn how you can help your company begin this journey more intelligently!
· Chris Darrell – Partner with Fortium Partners, an IT turnaround and technology leadership services firm. Chris brings a 34-year record of improving business results by increasing the effectiveness of Information Management and Operations with such companies as GENEX Services and Bentley Systems, and is willing to share his experience regarding the challenges of blending operations, both in the context of corporate acquisitions and consolidating internal business functions.
· Gary Marshall – CEO Limitless Management and former CIO SunGard Availability. Gary is experienced international strategic IT Transformation Leader with a reputation for conceiving, developing and executing strategies & initiatives that drive competitive market positions, profitable growth and shareholder value with such companies as Markem, Taconic Biosciences and Parker Hannifin.
· Jim Carty – Division Information Leader at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield – NJ. Jim has significant experience leading global Business Technology Strategy and Architecture and Business Process Engineering experience with companies as CSL Behring and AAA Automotive.