BUSINESS NETWORKING ROUNDTABLE #19
Bala Financial Strategies and
Karr Barth Associates
Thursday, November 16, 2017
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Karr Barth Associates
40 Monument Rd
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
5th Floor Training Room
As a participant, you will share “the story of your business” – strategy, target clients, business development techniques, etc.
As a participant, you get the opportunity to develop 12 new “Brand Ambassadors” - each with a clear understanding of the value proposition of your business.
Bala Financial Strategies Story
As the Hosts, Michael Chiappinelli and Marc Thal will introduce all the participants to the challenge they face in continuing to grow their financial services business.
They understand that each of their clients have a unique financial situation, which is why they promise to work with them to identify their needs and help protect and preserve their assets while simultaneously moving forward to reach their goals.
Considering this environment, Michael and Marc will ask each participant to offer their ideas, insights and wisdom relative to their Challenge Question:
We believe we provide a unique and beneficial service to businesses. We recognize that a challenge for us is MARKETING.
· We have a strong current book of business. However, we have not grown significantly in the past 3 years.
· Most of our marketing efforts are concentrated on our current clients and referrals.
· We are constrained in some respects by industry, governmental and corporate compliance.
We are less effective at marketing and promotion and work best once we are in front of a prospect.
The question we need help in answering is:
“What should we be doing to better market and promote our benefits to new prospects?”
OVERVIEW OF Bala Financial Strategies
The Mission of Bala Financial Strategies is to be an advocate for our clients’ financial well-being by providing superior financial advice and services.
We formed our partnership four years ago to take advantage of our different expertise and disciplines to provide more comprehensive services to our clients.
Our team provides a combined experience of over 100 years servicing our clients.
Areas in which we specialize: Financial planning, risk management, business continuation planning, executive and employee benefits and education, investment advisory services, retirement income planning and estate preservation strategies.
Our target markets are: Closely held businesses, Physician Practices, Corporate Executives.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPANTS
A Business Networking Roundtable (BNR) event is a Member business-focused event designed to enable Members to share information about their business with other Members and for participants to learn about other Member businesses in a focused and moderated setting. The Business Networking Roundtable events are for Members who are in business and who wish to do business with other BEACON Member businesses.
The purpose of the meeting is business networking and designed to be a better way to learn more in-depth knowledge about other Member’s businesses with whom participants may want to engage, collaborate and or recommend to their business network.
Instead of the usual 30 second “elevator pitch” participants will be given 3 minutes to answer the following questions which will help others understand their business and what it is that they are looking for:
1. What is your business?
2. What makes you different?
3. Who is your ideal client?
4. What is a good referral for you?
Participants will also be able to participate in a 20-minute discussion of a business challenge or topic of the Host’s choosing. Best practices, suggestions, experiences will be shared.
Participants will be principals, owners, partners or representatives of a BEACON Member business. There is no limit to the size of the Member business. While many BEACON Members are in transition and considering starting their own business, Business Networking Roundtable events may be attended ONLY by Members who have a recognized (registered) business entity. Participants will:
Register for a specific Business Networking Roundtable event through the Beacon website.
- Agree to the meeting guidelines and strictly adhere to them.
- Come to the meeting prepared to answer the 4 questions below for their Business.
- Act in good faith to support other Participants by providing assistance with contacts and or referrals as appropriate.
- Be members of the BNR Group that is maintained on the Causeway site.
BNR OPERATING GUIDELINES:
· Be on time and stay through the end.
- Follow the directions of the Facilitator and stay within the time allotted.
- Extend professional courtesy to others by refraining from using phones, working on computers (other than taking notes) or texting during the meeting.
- Every effort should be made to avoid distracting other Participants during the meeting.
- Act ethically and in good faith with information and content of discussions that may take place during the meeting. Agree not to share information disclosed with Participants competitors.
- Follow up on commitments made to others during the meeting.